When in Rome…. You can’t do touristy things, but you must live it like a local!
Here is a guide on what to do and how to enjoy the city as any other Italian would do.
1. Walk up to Gianicolo Hill at noon and listen to the cannon that fires everyday while enjoying the best view of Rome
2. Eat Carciofi alla Giuda (artichokes in the Jewish style) in the Jewish Area of Rome
3. Visit the Galleria Borghese (in Villa Borghese park), a gem of the city. The art gallery has lots of great works of art distributed in 20 rooms and it is housed in a magnificent 17th century villa.
4. Take the elevator up the National Monument of Victor Emmanuel II and take a look at the city.
5. Try to lie while inserting your hand in La Bocca della Verità, challenging the legend
6. Check out Testaccio’s Protestant Cemetery, a place were poets, painters, sculptors, authors are remembered
7. Take a walk on Via del Governo Vecchio and do some vintage shopping!
8. Try the Pizza al Taglio, places where you can get sliced pizza with different toppings, the Margherita (tomato and mozzarella) is a must!
9. Taste the Gelato of La Romana on Via Settembre 60, you will love it! We suggest pistacchio and nocciola!
10. Buy some fruit at Campo de’ Fiori Market to add some color to your experience in Rome!